“Be still, and know that I am God.” – Psalm 46:10
A punctuation mark has just inspired me- a full-stop, in other word, “Period”.
We have all from time to time entertain the dot, dot, dot, dot, dot, dot. But often God puts a period to where it should be. Although our life is a journey, our ups-and-downs are never a destination: Each hard knock is a school; each trial is a teacher, each experience is an education; each test is a testimony; and each challenge is your character development. And that is where we all need to learn where to put the “period”.
RECALL (Upward focus):
- God is All-powerful (Matthew 19:26). Period.
- God is Sovereign (Psalm 103:19). Period.
- God is our Refuge and Strength (Psalm 46:1). Period.
- God is unchanging, He is the same, yesterday and tomorrow (Hebrews 13:8). Period.
- God is in control (Psalms 22:28). Period.
- God is our double-portion (Isaiah 61:7). Period.
REALIGNMENT (Inward transformation):
- Fix our eyes on things unseen (2 Corinthians 4:18). Period.
- Set our mind on things above (Colossians 3:2). Period.
- Guard your heart with all vigilance (Proverbs 4:23). Period.
RESPONSE (Outward action):
- Wear your full armor of God daily so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil (Ephesians 6:11). Period.
- Think of thoughts that are true, good and sound (Philippians 4:8). Period.
- Hold your mind steadfast on God and trust in Him so that you can have perfect peace (Isaiah 26:3). Period.
- Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you (Psalm 55:22). Period.
- Do not rely on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5B). Period.
- Be anxious for nothing but pray for everything (Philippians 4:6A). Period.
- Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done (Philippians 4:6B). Period.
- Submit to God and resist the devil (James 4:7). Period.
- Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and He will direct your paths (Proverbs 16:3) Period.
RETRAIN (Forward resolution):
- Always be on the alert and stand firm (1 Corinthians 16:13). Period.
- Be an overcomer (1 John 4:4). Period.
- Fight the good fight of the faith (1 Timothy 6:12). Period.
And God will work things out in the end (Romans 8:28). Period.